I am always trying to improve my recipes for crackers, you know why? Because they are so popular in my house, I need to make a fresh batch every few days. I try to make it more interesting by changing a few things, and recently started adding nutritional yeast flakes. The result is awesome. Packed with whole grains and nutrition, these are easy to make and will make any evening party enjoyable.
Preparation time: 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake. Makes approx. 45 crackers.
whole wheat flour (atta)- 1 cup
oat flour- 3/4 cup
nutritional yeast- 1 tbsp. (optional)
raw sugar – 1 tsp. (white sugar can be added)
salt- 1 tsp.
baking powder- 1 tsp.
canola oil- 1/2 cup
water- 1/3 cup
finely chopped onion- 2 tbsp.
sesame seeds- 1 tbsp.
red chili powder- 3/4 tsp.
* In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients, spices.
* Add oil and in the end, add water slowly while kneading to form a dough. Do not over-knead. Divide into 2.
* Roll out each ball between 2 sheets of wax paper into a sheet 1/6 inch thick or even thinner, if possible. Use a pizza knife to form squares. Poke holes with a fork.
* Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
* Bake at 350 °F in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
* Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight box.
Sending this to Fiesta Fridays hosted by Angie!