On cold winter days when you cannot step outside, you just want to enjoy a cup of tea with some light crackers. Here is a gluten free cracker recipe using some whole grain flours and nutritional yeast flakes for the cheesy flavor. It has a crisp texture and holds together really well. If unsure about the taste of yeast flakes, you could use a lesser amount than suggested.
Adapted from here.
gluten-free oat flour- 1/4 cup
amaranth flour- 1/4 cup
sorghum flour- 1/2 cup
tapioca starch- 1/2 cup (cornstarch would work well too)
almond flour- 3/4 cup
nutritional yeast flakes- 1/4 cup
baking soda- 1/2 tsp.
salt- 1 tsp.
sugar- 1 tsp.
canola oil- 1/4 cup
water- 1/4 cup
milk- 1/4 cup
onion pieces- 2 tbsp.
chili powder- 3/4 tsp.
turmeric powder- a pinch
sesame seeds- 1 tbsp.
* In a mixing bowl combine flours, dry ingredients and spices.
* Add oil, milk to the mixture and water a little at a time to make a knead-able dough.
* Roll out between two sheets of wax paper. Make squares with a pizza knife and poke holes with a fork.
* Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 °C in a preheated oven for 16-18 minutes.
* Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight box.