Who wouldn’t like some freshly baked honey Grahams? With a hint of cinnamon, crisp and served with a cup of tea? All the party-goers at Fiesta Friday #15, here’s a snack to get us warmed up…
My goal was to get it to taste like the Honey Maid grahams, pictured here, but with 100% whole grain and with real ingredients, not something obscure like “natural flavor”. An added bonus is, it would be a fraction of the cost if made at home! These are super easy to make, no special equipment needed.
Dough looks like this:
Rolled out and cut:
On a baking sheet:
I recently got a kitchen scale (yay!) and henceforth all my baking recipes will have weighed out ingredients for better accuracy. 🙂
cinnamon-honey Graham crackers
Inspired by Smitten Foodie
whole wheat pastry flour- 143 g; 1 cup + 2 tbsp.
light brown sugar- 22 g; 1 cup
milk- 3 tbsp.
melted butter- 4 tbsp.
honey- 40 g; 1/8 cup
baking powder- 1/2 tsp.
baking soda- 1/2 tsp.
salt- 1/4 tsp.
vinegar- 1/2 tbsp.
vanilla extract- 1 tsp.
cinnamon powder- a pinch
* Mix wet and dry ingredients separately. Combine together to form a firm dough.
* Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
* Roll out into a thin sheet between 2 sheets of wax paper, as thin as you can get it. Cut out squares with a pizza knife. Poke holes with a fork. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
* Spread on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
* Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight jar.